Donations of food, clothing and other goods play a vital part in helping us to deliver essential support day in, day out. Please note all food must be within the use by date.
Non-perishable foodstuffs including:
- Anything that comes in a can or jar.
- Everything a home cook has in their cupboard such as custard powder and gravy granules or salt and pepper.
- All basic staple foodstuffs such as rice and sugar or tea and coffee.
- Anything that’s good for a family with young children such as cereals and squash for food parcels for families.
- Everything that you might choose to eat if you didn’t have access to cooking facilities such as biscuits and instant noodles or anything in a ring-pull can.
- Bottled water
- Fresh fruit and veg are always welcome.
- Meat products and bread.
- All clothing, clean and ready to wear.
- Warm clothing for those cold nights.
- Footwear including socks.
- Sleeping bags.
- Rucksacks and holdalls.
- Small household items suitable for a starter home. (e.g. cutlery, crockery, pots & pans)
Items Not required by Daylight Centre:
- White goods and furniture, we don’t have the storage space but we can direct you to organisations that do.
- Any product containing alcohol
- Baby Milk
Where and When to donate
Deliveries of food, bedding, toiletries and small household goods , are best made here when the centre is open, but deliveries with unloading from a vehicle need to drive into High Street Place. Deliveries can be made between 9:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
Deliveries of clothing, toys, games etc can be delivered to the Daylight Shop, 2 Cambridge Street, Wellingborough, which is open Monday to Saturday between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. (clothing required at the centre is processed in the shop, what we can not use for people in need is sold and all the shop profit goes to the running of the centre).