Donations of food, clothing and other goods play a vital part in helping us to deliver essential support day in, day out. Please note all food must be within the use by date.
Non-perishable foodstuffs including:
- Anything that comes in a can or jar.
- Everything a home cook has in their cupboard such as custard powder and gravy granules or salt and pepper.
- All basic staple foodstuffs such as rice and sugar or tea and coffee.
- Anything that’s good for a family with young children such as cereals and squash for food parcels for families.
- Everything that you might choose to eat if you didn’t have access to cooking facilities such as biscuits and instant noodles or anything in a ring-pull can.
- Bottled water and high energy drinks.
- Fresh fruit and veg are always welcome.
- Meat products and bread.
- All clothing, clean and ready to wear.
- Warm clothing for those cold nights.
- Rags for recycling.
- Footwear including socks.
- Sleeping bags.
- Bedding. (Currently we have an access and this item is not required)
- Towels. (Currently we have an access and this item is not required)
- Rucksacks and holdalls.
- Cleaning products.
- Food storage containers.
- Small household items suitable for a starter home.
Items Not required by Daylight Centre:
- White goods and furniture, we don’t have the storage space but we can direct you to organisations that do.
- Any product containing alcohol
- Children's clothing, toys and games
Deliveries of food, clothing, recycling and other activities on site are best made here when the centre is open, But deliveries with unloading from a vehicle need to drive into High Street Place. Deliveries can be made between 9:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.