Below is a list of links that you might find useful if you are homeless, addicted or suffering from mental health issues.
- Crisis: A national charity for single homeless people.
- Direct.gov.uk - Homelessness: Getting help if you need somewhere to live.
- Northampton Hope Centre: A day centre for the homeless and disadvantaged
- Salvation Army: Salvation Army UK
- Sanctuary Rushden: A 6 bed Night Shelter/Hostel facility based at the Full Gospel Church
- Shelter: The housing and homelessness charity.
- Wellingborough Homes: The largest and most influential landlord in Wellingborough and the surrounding areas.
- Wellingborough Council Homelessness Team: Homelessness - advice and support
- Alcoholics Anonymous: Alcoholics Anonymous UK website
- Aquarius: Midlands charity providing advice and counselling on alcohol and drugs problems.
- DrinkAware: Alcohol facts and advice on how to cut down.
- Gamblers Anonymous: Compulsive gambling is an illness which can never be cured, but can be arrested.
- Narcotics Anonymous: A nonprofit society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem.
- Talk to Frank: See what's available to you when you decide that drugs are a problem in your life.
mental health issues:
- Mental Health Foundation: The UK’s leading mental health research, policy and service improvement charity.
- Mental Health in the UK: A great resource for articles released by large charities. Click on 'Info Booklets'
- Mind - Wellingborough: Creating a better life for everyone with experience of mental distress.
- NHS Choices: There is no single cause of mental health problems and the reasons they develop are complex.
other community groups:
- Service Six: Supporting Children, Young People, Adults and Families